USDA Distance Learning and Telemedicine Grant Open!
Approximately $72 million dollars available!
We all thought it was crazy-talk that we could be isolated for weeks or months on end and that our only communication with the outside world would be through technology. Well, here we go! Can you still reach your rural patient base or rural students?
DLT now accepting applications to provide healthcare and education via tele-connectivity in rural communities!
Are you ready to apply? The SNF Writing Solutions team has a history of awarded funds for this grant and would love to help you apply. Act fast, applications are due April 10th.
Please visit the following website for additional information regarding requirements: https://www.rd.usda.gov/programs-services/distance-learning-telemedicine-grants
Leave a comment below or email us. We look forward to working with you!
It’s that time of year again…holidays, snow, school breaks and of course, the highly anticipated 2019 release of the competitive grant and state program calendar for the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs (OCRA). Let’s get funding!
Quick Impact Placebased Grant (QuIP)
Reuse Re-imagine Revision Re-engage
QuIP is grant designed to enhance communal space to spark creativity and community wide conversation and engagement. OCRA’s strongest applicants will have significant involvement and partnerships within the community. They encourage grants projects that will be unique and inspiring on the local level. Eligible applicants include community group or organizations, local government units and schools (elementary through high school, college, university, trade and vocational)
- Monday, January 14, 2019 QuIP Opens
- Wednesday, January 16, 2019 QuIP webinar
- Friday, March 8, 2019 QuIP applications due
- Thursday, April 25, 2019 QuIP awards announced
Stellar Communities Program Grant
The Steller Communities Program is an economic development program designed to help those community projects that address health and wellness issues. New this year, the program has evolved to regional partnership initiative. A minimum of two or more programs are encourage to partner together.
- Monday, January 28, 2019 Stellar Communities Program opens
- Wednesday, January 30, 2019 Stellar webinar
- January 14, 2019 – January 25, 2019 Stellar follow-up with non-designees (HPGN)
- Wednesday, March 13, 2019 Regional Capacity Workshop: Lessons Learned from Stellar Communities (Indy IGC)
- Friday, April 5, 2019 Stellar LOI’s Due
- Thursday, April 18, 2019 Stellar Finalists announced
- Thursday, June 6, 2019 Stellar Planning Grants awarded
- Monday, July 8—Friday, July 19 Stellar Finalists technical assistance
- Friday, September 20, 2019 Stellar Finalists Regional Development Plans’ due
- November 12 – November 15 Stellar Community Finalists Presentations
- Thursday, December 5, 2019 Stellar Designees announced
- Wednesday, December 11, 2019 Stellar Reception at Statehouse
- Thursday, December 19, 2019 Community Stellarbration 1
- Friday, December 20, 2019 Community Stellarbration 2
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
The CDBG is a federally funded program that helps communities with a variety of projects including community centers, health and safety programs, sewer and water systems and many others. This funding helps communities improve their quality of life and ensures the safety and health of their citizens.
- Monday, March 25, 2019 CDBG Round 1 opens
- Wednesday, March 27, 2019 CDBG Round 1 webinar
- Wednesday, April 10, 2019 CDBG 101
- Friday, May 3, 2019 CDBG Round 1 proposals due
- May 20 – June 7 CDBG Round 1 site visits
- Friday, June 21, 2019 CDBG Round 1 overdue docs due
- Friday, June 28, 2019 CDBG Round 1 applications due
- Tuesday, July 09, 2019 CDBG 201 Wednesday, July 10, 2019
- CDBG 201 Thursday, July 11, 2019 CDBG 201
- Thursday, August 15, 2019 CDBG Round 1 Awards Announced
- Monday, August 19, 2019 CDBG Round 2 Open for Applications
- Wednesday, August 21, 2019 CDBG Round 2 Webinar
- Tuesday, September 10, 2019 CDBG 301
- Wednesday, September 11, 2019 CDBG 301
- Thursday, September 12, 2019 CDBG 301
- Friday, October 4, 2019 CDBG Round 2 Proposals Due
- October 21 – November 8 CDBG Round 2 Site Visits
- Friday, November 15, 2019 CDBG Round 2 Overdue docs due
- Friday, November 22, 2019 CDBG Round 2 applications due
- Thursday, January 09, 2020 CDBG Round 2 announced
Additions and changes will be made to the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affair’ calendar directly, so check there often. Be sure to review the eligibility criteria carefully too!
These applications can be overwhelming at times. If you need a hand – be sure to reach out. We look forward to working with you!
The SNF Writing Solutions team